Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Women walks in a Bar.....


Today is 3 years that my Love and I have been married!! It all started on a cold, windy, rainy day and it ended with two people together for life and ever after.
     Here is a recap of how it all began. I met my husband at a bar. Yes, that's right, I found Love at a bar. I know that your told when you are young, and running wild trying to find romance and love, that you will never meet a man at a bar. BUT yes you can!!! My best friend in the whole world introduced me to Jamie that night and we have been together ever since. That was 6 years ago. We rocked along in this dating world, we hit a curve here and there but all in all we had a great relationship.
    When we started to get serious, I had one rule. I clung hard to this rule to keep me safe from danger. It was, 3 years is all you get. What I mean by this is that he had 3 years to decide if this relationship was the one that he wanted for a life time. Now, of course I already knew this was what I wanted so that's why I left it his decision. I think its a good rule. Three years is long enough to get to know everything that you need to know about someone. I did not mean that we had to be married in that three years, I meant that I needed a major commitment.(Engagement) So, with that said, we hit a rough little spot at about the two year mark,We DID NOT BREAK UP! I am very firm in that breaking up does not make anything better. You have to fight through it with all you have and never give up if its something you LOVE!!!!! It took us about 3 months to get through this rough curve, but we did. The day after Thanksgiving in 2009, I found out I was pregnant. I didn't know how I felt at the time. I was happy, yet I didn't want to be this girl that gets married because she was pregnant, and I definitely did not want to feel like that was why he wanted to marry me. I knew that I loved Jamie and that we were going to be fine. Sometimes god gives you a push. I know this was our push to build this wonderful life that we have now!!! In December, he proposed, and I accepted. I do have to stress this, because this was stressed to me, JAMIE DID NOT PROPOSE because I was pregnant. He had already been planning this and had a ring picked out and was soon to purchase it. I was told this by my SIL (sister in law) and BIL. They knew how important this was to me and wanted to make sure that I was aware of Jamie's previous plan. With out further delay I planned a wedding in two months and we were wed on February 26,2010!!! Although I was a pregnant bride, and that  was not what I had planned, nor was it what God had planned he knew this was a marriage for the ages and sometimes he throws you a curve to make sure you can get through it!!
My Love, My Life!
 

 
It has been a wonderful three years together so far! I would not change anything that got us to this point either!! My being pregnant was and is a blessing.  We have a wonderful son who has brought so much joy to our lives. I Love Jamie more and more everyday! To see him grow as a father is an amazing site!!!
 
 
Mr. and Mrs. Hanks

 
It was such a wonderful Wedding!!

 
My Mother, my ROCK!!!!
 
I think you can find love any where, you just have to have an open heart!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment