Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Home again, home again!!!!

We are finally home for a few weeks. The job in Cleburn has finished, for us anyway! I am sooo happy to be home for some summer time. We bought a small pool so we can beat the Texas heat. The hubby is trying to get on a line that is running right next to our house! Literally right down the road. The hardest thing is waiting to get a call that he can test. In this world of welding it truly is about who you know and if a boss doesn't know you he may not test you!! So we hope and pray that a spot opens up and we have done all we can  for the boss to call us first. We shall see but for now I am going to enjoy the home time.

Since being home I have started going to the gym again. I am super happy to be going it makes me feel great! I have a goal to reach and a date set to get there. We decided this year instead of taking a summer beach trip that we would take a winter trip to Vegas for the NFR. (National Finals Rodeo) So with that planned and booked I now have 6 months to get my booty in gear and in shape!!!

I had a request order for a camo themed diaper cake. I love to do diaper cakes. They are so super cute and easy and make a great décor addition for any shower and or nursery. I use a box of 96 diapers to make a 3 tier. Most people like to keep the cakes together for a while so I use size 2 diapers. I also do not add anything extra except for maybe some lotion and wash. I do this because if the want to keep it together then its kind of useless to put all the extra stuff in it.



 
Excuse the mess in the background. This is my craft room and is not fully organized yet. I used natural burlap ribbon with baby blue ribbon followed with camo duct tape on the top and bottom layers. For the middle layer I used green burlap ribbon with baby blue ribbon on top and the stuffing on top is plant moss. For the "B" on top I painted the sides and the inside of the letter and then covered the rest in the camo tape.
 
Hope everyone has a GREAT Wednesday and say a prayer we get a call for the next job.

No comments:

Post a Comment